Sunday, July 19, 2015

Hiking in Rock Creek

This morning I went to my usual Sunday boxing class.  However, the usual instructor wasn't there today.  The pro that taught the class usually teaches kickboxing, so I don't go to his classes much.  While we didn't do any kickboxing today, he definitely put us through a hard class.  Lots of cardio without many breaks.

This afternoon, my husband and I went hiking on some of the unpaved trails in Rock Creek Park.  We're going to be doing lots of hiking in Ireland, so we thought it would be a good idea to re-acquaint our feet with our hiking boots and check out our equipment.  I have a new Camelbak backpack with a bigger (3 liter) water reservoir.  We hiked for about 1.5 hours.  Runkeeper on my phone said we went about 6.6 mi, while my husband's GPS app said we went about 6.9 mi.  It doesn't matter too much.  We didn't have any problems, but it was SO hot.  We were totally soaked with sweat by the time we were done.

No comments:

Post a Comment