Saturday, July 25, 2015

Race Pace Intervals

Yesterday was my rest day.  In the morning, I did my shortened version of P90X2 Recovery + Mobility, which burned about 75 calories.  That was really the only activity I did for the day.

This morning, I had practice with my tennis team.  In the first round, I played a two-person doubles drill.  I won 4-2.  After that, since we only had 4 players, we played doubles.  My partner and I ended up tying our opponents 6-6 by the time we had to stop.  It was a fun set, with a lot of good points.

This afternoon, I did the next run on my training schedule, which called for race pace intervals.  First I did 2 x 2 mi at 6.7 mph, alternating with 2 x 5 min at 5 mph.  Since a mile at 6.7 mph takes 9 minutes, I did the intervals by time.  After this longer intervals, I then did 2 x 1 mi at 6.7 mph, alternating with 2 x 3 min at 5 mph.  This all took 70 min and the distance came to 7.36 mi.  I was kind of dreading this run, because I thought it was going to be really hard.  However, is turned out to not be so bad.  The 2 mi intervals went pretty well, but by the time I got to the last 1 mi interval, I was getting worn out.  Even so, it made me feel good.  It seems like the training schedule and the really easy runs might actually be working!

No comments:

Post a Comment