Saturday, July 18, 2015

Long Easy Run

This morning I had practice with my tennis team.  Unfortunately it started raining about halfway through.  In the only round I got to play, I won at singles 6-0, 2-0.  I was definitely playing a different opponent than on Thursday night!

Around lunchtime, Bill and I went to REI to get some clothes and other items in preparation for our trip to Ireland in a couple weeks.  In particular, we both needed rain pants to put over our hiking pants - it's likely we'll be hiking through some rain.

This afternoon, I did the next run on my training schedule, which was a 90-min easy run.  I ran on the treadmill at 5.2 mph, so the distance came to 7.8 mi.  It's amazing to me that a run that takes such a long time does not exhaust me!  I watched the movie Sunshine during the run.  The first 73 minutes of it was very interesting and quite good, and then it turned into a horror movie on and off for the rest of it, which was disappointing and unnecessary.  And I really have no desire to watch horror while running!

No comments:

Post a Comment