Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Singles Win!

Last night was the first match for both my 3.0 and 3.5 summer singles teams.  The 3.0 team won two of the three courts, so they got an overall win.

 I played in the 3.5 match.  My opponent was a 3.0 (albeit a good one), so I shouldn't have had such a hard time against her, but I did.  I won the first set 6-3.  We were on serve until about 3-3, and then I broke her serve twice and got the set.  In the second set, we were pretty even until about 4-4, and then I made a bunch of mistakes and lost the next two games.  I'm not really sure what I did, but it was not good.  We started the match tie-breaker with about 12 minutes left.  I had been playing so badly at that point that I decided to just play as conservatively as possible, keep the ball in play, and not lose points - if the tie-breaker timed out and didn't count, I would win.  Of course, I got down 1-4 pretty fast.  I fought back and by the time the match was called, I was ahead 8-7.  The match tie-breaker didn't count, so I won because I won more games.

We won the other two courts as well, so the 3.5 team got a clean sweep to start the season, which was nice!

This morning I did P90X3 Eccentric Lower, preceded by Cold Start.  This is a pretty good workout, although I hate lunges.  I was also pretty tired from the late match.  I burned about 95 calories.

No comments:

Post a Comment