Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Back to the Usual

Yesterday, we returned home from our trip, so I was back to my usual activities.

I did some speed intervals on the treadmill yesterday evening.  I did 9 x 2 min at 7.3mph, alternating with 9 x 90 sec at 3.5 mph.  There was a 5-min warm-up and cool-down.  The distance came to 3.56 mi in 41:30.  These felt hard. 

this morning I was back to the second workout in the first stage of NROLW.  This was my first time to do 3 sets of 10 reps for this workout.  I did 68 lb on the deadlifts, which was definitely hard - I'm not sure if it was just because of the weight, or because I had 10 days off.  I did 28 lb per hand on the shoulder presses.  I could not increase my number of pull-ups.  I did 28 lb per hand on the forward lunges, which was definitely hard.  The 28-lb weights are also the plate-type that can adjust, which are bulky.  Lastly, I increased my swiss-ball crunches, which were not difficult.  The workout took about 36 minutes and burned about 120 calories.

Sadly, I did gain about 3 lb on my trip.  I weighed in at 128.8 lb today, which was tough to see.  Gaining 3 lb in 10 days means I ate about 1000 calories more than I burned per day, which is probably all too likely, unfortunately.  I'm going to try to eat 1600 cal/day for the next few days, and then may 1900 cal/day for awhile after that.  I just am unhappy eating so little.  Blah.

My BodyMedia CORE armband is on its last legs.  The company warns you not to wear the armband over sunscreen, because the plastic degrades.  But, really, how can you do that?  I obviously want to wear the device when I'm outside being active, but I can't afford to get fried.  At any rate, the plastic on the back is slowly disintegrating.  I am partly keeping it together now with some packing tape.  We'll see how long it lasts.

No comments:

Post a Comment