Thursday, August 21, 2014

Sweaty Run

Yesterday I did a tempo run on the treadmill.  I did 6 mi in 56:16 at 6.4 mph.  This was a hard run - I had a lot of breaks on the rails.  For some reason, I sweated like crazy during this run.  I was inside in the climate control, so I'm not sure why I sweated so much.  I did enjoy watching Stargate SG-1 "There but for the Grace of God", which is starting the first season wrap-up.

This morning I did my shortened version of P90X2 Recovery + Mobility.  I did change a couple things from my usual routine, taking the advice from this blog article.  The article talks about reasons for hamstring pain at the very top of the hamstrings, which is very much like the pain I often get.  It's quite likely that I have over-lengthened hamstrings.  So I added in the low-back stretch, which did feel good - I held it for over 30 sec.  Then when the DVD called for hamstring stretches, I did them on my back with a resistance band, as the blog article suggests.  I'm going to try to make these two changes also when I do my near-daily foam rolling of my legs.  We'll see how it feels after awhile!  I burned about 90 calories during the workout.

No comments:

Post a Comment