Friday, August 22, 2014

Longer Speed Intervals

Yesterday evening there was rain, so my planned tennis practice was canceled.  I decided to do some speed intervals on the treadmill.  I changed it up a bit from my usual speed interval workout, though, because I was still feeling tired from the tempo run on Wednesday.  I had a 5-min warm-up at 3.5 mph.  Then I did 2 min x 10 at 7.3 mph, alternating with 3 min x 10 at 3.5 mph, and then a 5-min cool-down at 3.5 mph.  This gave me more of a break between the intervals.  It makes the run take longer, but I usually walk out the rest of the hour, anyway.  This workout was 1 hour and covered 4.73 mi.  Are the intervals more or less effective when they are more space out?  I don't know.

This morning I did the first workout in stage 1 of NROLW.  This is the last time doing this workout as written.  I used the same weights as on Monday.  I burned about 180 calories today, though, which was a lot more than on Monday.  I'm not sure why.  It was hard, but not harder than Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment