Friday, August 15, 2014

Unexpected Tennis

Yesterday, a woman that I know from my mixed doubles tennis team emailed me to ask if I'd be willing to play some doubles with some ladies from her team.  I had been unsure what to do for my evening activity yesterday, so I was happy to take her up on the offer.  We met at some lighted courts before sunset, but they were really busy, and it was clear we weren't going to get one any time soon.  We went to a different park and fortunately only waited 10 minutes or so before some of the current players had to relinquish their court because we were waiting.  We played a good "match": my partner and I won the first set 6-1, lost the second set 2-6, and then lost the match tie-breaker 10-12.  We were very even, so it was fun.

This morning I did the second workout for the Stage 1 of the NROLW.  This was my last workout with 3 sets of 10 reps.  I had to move my equipment upstairs because our basement is still wet.  I tried not to clank the weights too much, since my husband was still sleeping.  The deadlifts were hard, but I have to say that the forward lunges may be the single hardest exercise for me at this stage.  I burned about 130 calories.

No comments:

Post a Comment