Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Wet Basement

Yesterday afternoon I did my lower- and upper-body plyo workout.  With vacation, I hadn't done this workout in two weeks, so the sprinting felt hard.  However, the temperature was a little cooler, so that helped.

Unfortunately we got some very heavy rain yesterday, which caused our basement to flood a bit.  Usually it just affects a storage room, but yesterday it also got my exercise room wet.  My husband moved everything to the dry end of the room in order to use the wet vac, but that made it hard to do any kind of workout.

This morning, I did the second workout from Stage 1 of NROLW.  I managed to collect my gear from the exercise room and do the exercises in the hallway outside the room.  Not optimal, but everything did fit.  I had to do the step-ups on the first step of the stairway instead of on my bench.  This makes them lower and easier, but I didn't have much choice.  I burned about 135 calories in the workout, which was definitely more than usual.  The push-ups with the balance move plus weight really got me sweating.

No comments:

Post a Comment