Friday, September 5, 2014

Evening Practice

At my annual physical, I found out that I am slightly anemic.  Some follow-up blood tests confirmed this.  I already take a women's multivitamin with iron, so I'm taking an additional iron supplement.  Since the symptoms of anemia are fatigue and difficulty breathing (among others), I'm wondering if this will help me out a bit.  My training runs have been tougher than it seems like they should be, so maybe this is part of the reason.  I don't know if the supplement will help me out in time for my half-marathon on Sep. 14, though.

Yesterday evening, I had a practice with my tennis team.  I played so-so.  I lost my singles round pretty badly 1-5.  Don't really have a good explanation for that, because my opponent is not the strongest 3.5 player we have.  In the doubles round, my partner and I won the first set 7-6, and stopped at 1-2.  Not too bad.  The waxing gibbous Moon was gorgeous around sunset while we were playing.

This morning, I was back under 128 lb again.  Who knows if I'll stay there.  I have been very hungry this week.  At least I've been busy enough with the start of classes that I haven't been able to dig up extra food.

This morning I did my shortened version of P90X2 Recovery + Mobility.  I burned about 110 calories.

No comments:

Post a Comment