Monday, September 22, 2014

More NROLW

Yesterday afternoon/evening I didn't do any specific activity.  I really am trying to get recovered.  I even when to get about 30 minutes early!

This morning when I got up before sunrise, there was a beautiful, thin waxing crescent Moon that I could see out my kitchen window.  Almost makes it worth getting up early.

What wasn't nice was that my weight jumped up a pound overnight for no good reason.  I really need to ditch this vacation weight.  In the past year or so, I have lost weight by eating about 1900 cal/day, but in a zig zag pattern.  So I'm going to start doing that this week.  I ate 2100 cal yesterday.  Today, I'm going to do 1700 cal.  We'll see.

This morning I did the second workout in Stage 2 of NROLW.  This workout was 2 sets of 10 reps.
  • Wide-grip deadlift from box: I realized after this workout the last time that I had only lifted 58 lb, not 68 lb.  Today I did 68 lb, and it was much, much harder.
  • Bulgarian split squat: I used my weight bench to elevate my leg on this one.  I used a 20-lb dumbbell for each hand.
  • Pull-ups: I did unassisted pull-ups and got 3 for each set.
  • Reverse lunge from box with forward reach: I used 12 lb per hand, which seemed reasonable.
  • Dumbbell prone Cuban snatch:  I stayed at 5 lb per hand.
  • Swiss-ball crunch: 20 reps per set.
  • Reverse crunch: 20 reps per set.
  • Hanna side flexion 1: same.
  • Prone cobra: I did a 60 sec hold in each set.
  • HIIT: I did each of these moves for 60 sec.  Honestly, they were hard, and I had to take short breaks.  First high knees, then tuck jumps, then sideways hops, then split lunge jumps, then burpees.  These went much better than last week.
Overall I burned about 205 calories in the workout.

No comments:

Post a Comment