This morning when I got up before sunrise, there was a beautiful, thin waxing crescent Moon that I could see out my kitchen window. Almost makes it worth getting up early.
What wasn't nice was that my weight jumped up a pound overnight for no good reason. I really need to ditch this vacation weight. In the past year or so, I have lost weight by eating about 1900 cal/day, but in a zig zag pattern. So I'm going to start doing that this week. I ate 2100 cal yesterday. Today, I'm going to do 1700 cal. We'll see.
This morning I did the second workout in Stage 2 of NROLW. This workout was 2 sets of 10 reps.
- Wide-grip deadlift from box: I realized after this workout the last time that I had only lifted 58 lb, not 68 lb. Today I did 68 lb, and it was much, much harder.
- Bulgarian split squat: I used my weight bench to elevate my leg on this one. I used a 20-lb dumbbell for each hand.
- Pull-ups: I did unassisted pull-ups and got 3 for each set.
- Reverse lunge from box with forward reach: I used 12 lb per hand, which seemed reasonable.
- Dumbbell prone Cuban snatch: I stayed at 5 lb per hand.
- Swiss-ball crunch: 20 reps per set.
- Reverse crunch: 20 reps per set.
- Hanna side flexion 1: same.
- Prone cobra: I did a 60 sec hold in each set.
- HIIT: I did each of these moves for 60 sec. Honestly, they were hard, and I had to take short breaks. First high knees, then tuck jumps, then sideways hops, then split lunge jumps, then burpees. These went much better than last week.