Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Speed Intervals

Yesterday afternoon I was planning to go to cardio tennis at TCCP, but I was the only one signed up, so it wasn't held.  Instead I went home and did some speed intervals on the treadmill.  I did 5 minutes of warm-up at 3.5 mph.  Then I did 10 x 2 min at 7.3 mph, alternating with 10 x 3 min at 3.5 mph.  Finally, I did 5 minutes of cool-down at 3.5 mph.  I really like these intervals with the longer rest periods better.  I hope they are effective.  The workout took 1:00:00 and I ran 4.77 mi.

This morning I did the first workout in Stage 2 of NROLW.  I did not increase the weights on any of the moves.  I'm not sure they are feeling much easier yet - it's so hard to judge progress.  I burned about 145 calories in this workout, which was a lot fewer than last time for some reason.

No comments:

Post a Comment