Sunday, April 20, 2014

Doubles Loss

Last night, Fran and I played on #1 doubles in our first 3.0 match of the spring season.  Unfortunately, we lost 6-4, 5-7, 0-1.  We played really well in the first set, with a lot of well-placed balls.  In the second set, our opponents switched sides, but that didn't seem to do much.  We got up 5-3.  But then somehow they started beating us...not really sure what the difference is.  We started having more unforced errors, I guess.  One of our opponents limped, and so we tried to run her around (and succeeded on that), but it didn't matter.  I still can't quite put my finger on why we lost.  At any rate, our team won 3 other courts, so we won the match overall.

This morning I went to my usual boxing class.  I missed it last week because of the 10K race, so I imagine I'll be feeling it tomorrow.  I didn't try to work really hard at it, since I'm planning on running 13 miles this afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment