Thursday, April 17, 2014

Outside Evening Practice

Last night, we had our first outdoors evening practice of the season.  It was a little chilly, but OK.  I played pretty well.  Fran and I played together, since I play on us playing together in our first 3.0 match of the season on Saturday.

This morning I did P90X+ Kenpo Cardio+, one of my favorite workouts.  I burned about 290 calories.  This workout will be the last one of my recovery week.

Next week, I'm going to start a strength block for 5 weeks.  This is for several reasons.  First, I haven't been doing much strength work for about a month.  Second, the workouts will generally take less energy, so I shouldn't be quite as tired.  I think that this is going to be good leading into my half-marathon, as well as after that.  I will not be working on my legs, as the running is hitting them enough.  Third, the workouts fit well in my schedule in terms of time.  I really want to hit my shoulders, as I'd like to make them a bit more impressive-looking.

No comments:

Post a Comment