Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Monday Doubles and Tempo Workout

Last night I played my usual Monday night doubles at TCCP.  I played OK.  Michelyn and I got crushed in the first round by Julie and Jessica - we should not have lost so badly.  Julie was playing really well at the net.  In the second round, Jill and I were down initially, but came back to win decisively.  We finished with a 10-point tie-breaker; my partner and I were ahead when we had to quit.

This morning, I did Body Beast TEMPO Chest/Tris and P90X2 Ab Ripper.  The tempo workouts are very slow movements.  I think the idea is to have more time under tension for the muscles in order to stimulate growth.  I was certainly shaking on some of the moves.  However, they don't burn a lot of calories according to my BodyMedia device; it was about 180 calories for the whole workout.

No comments:

Post a Comment