Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Doubles Win!

Last night in our 3.0 match, Michele and I won on #1 doubles.  We were playing a good team, so we were happy to win 6-3, 6-3.  In the first set, we started off a little slow, but soon started placing the ball and forcing errors.  In the second set, our opponents were definitely starting to adjust to us.  On strategy they started using was hitting to Michele's feet when she was at the net, which was really working.  So we decided that Michele should play back, and then I'd approach the net when I had an opportunity.  hat worked really well, and I enjoyed hitting a lot of overheads.  Unfortunately the team only won one other court in the match, so we lost overall.

This morning I did Insanity the Asylum vol. 2 Agility Tutorial and Pure Contact.  This turned into a real sweat-fest, as it's getting warmer outside and the house isn't cooling off as much over night.  I was still pretty tired from the late match last night, but did OK.  I burned 226 calories.

I am starting to get psyched to run my first 10K race this Sunday: Clyde's of Columbia 10K .  I've sent the organizers a couple questions and haven't heard back from them, unfortunately.  First, I want to know if there's a suggestion about where to park - I have no idea how busy the area will be.  Second, I want to know if they have restrictions on running with headphones.  I like to run with one earbud so that the music helps me keep my pace, but some races don't allow headphones at all.  Hopefully they will send me the answers!

No comments:

Post a Comment