Sunday, April 27, 2014

Weekend Tennis Tournament

I haven't posted for a couple days, so some catch-up.

Friday was my recovery day.  I did my shortened version of P90X2 Recovery + Mobility and burned about 90 calories.

Friday night, I went to Bethany Beach, DE, with some friends from my 3.0 tennis team.  We stayed at Joan's beach house for the weekend.  We played in the Bethany Beach USTA tournament at Sea Colony on Saturday.

Our first tournament match was Saturday at 10am - against each other.  It turns out that no other 3.0 women registered for the tournament, so we played ourselves and the winner won the tournament at the 3.0 level for doubles.  Joan and I played Fran and Mary Ann.  We won 6-2, 6-1.  It was fun, and a beautiful day.  A little disappointing to come out to play one match.  But we got medals!
Joan, me, the referee, Fran, Mary Ann
Saturday afternoon we went back to Sea Colony and played again for fun.  Fran and I beat Joan and Mary Ann 6-3, 3-6, 1-0. 

Sunday also turned out to be beautiful.  I ran 3.03 miles in 29:42 (goal pace) to burn some calories.  Then we went to a different set of courts and played our last round of tennis.  Mary Ann and I lost to Joan and Fran 5-7, 1-6.  Ouch!  It was a really great trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment