Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Monday Night Doubles

Last night I played my usual doubles at TCCP.  It was fun.  Although my legs were still tired, I ended up playing quite well.  I was seeing balls at the net better and had really good shot placement.  Sometimes I wonder if it's helpful to "pre-exhaust" myself so that I end up having more control.

I had been thinking last night before bed about how far I've come in my fitness abilities over the last 5 years or so.  After all, looking back over the last few days, I played four hours of tennis on Saturday, did boxing and ran 13 miles on Sunday, did a strength workout Monday morning, and still killed my tennis Monday evening.  That's a lot of activity to be doing, most of it at a pretty successful level.  And I am not unduly fatigued or sore.  (I did drink a heck of a lot yesterday, though.)  At any rate, it made me think about how much I've accomplished, and I'm pretty proud of it.

This morning I did Body Beast BUILD Chest/Tris and P90X2 Ab Ripper.  I wasn't as sore as I expected from the shoulder work yesterday.  However, usually my chest gets really sore the first time I work it in awhile.  I felt like I was quite a bit stronger in my chest today than the last time I'd done it, which I suppose is good.  I burned about 190 calories total.

No comments:

Post a Comment