Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Calf Injury Again

Monday night at my doubles at TCCP I pulled my calf muscle again.  The same one I pulled on my birthday.  It had been feeling fine.  During one game, it was starting to feel tight and I thought I'd stretch it after the game, but that was too late.  It pulled, and I had to stop for the night.  Blah.

Tuesday morning I did my shortened version of P90X2 Recovery + Mobility to rest the calf.  I burned about 70 calories.  Fortunately I had been planning to take Tuesday afternoon/evening off from activity, since a college friend was in town and we were going to dinner with her.  So more rest for the calf, and lots of ibuprofen.

This morning, I did P90X2 Chest + Back + Balance.  I did regular pull-ups and chin-ups for the pull-up moves, since they have crazy variations that I generally can't do at all.  I figure I should be able to do more than like 3 pull-ups in a row.  The chest and balance moves on this are not that hard for me any more.  I need to practice keeping my body straight in any plank positions and work on speeding up - I tend to go at a deliberate speed, so I don't end up getting as many reps as I could.  I burned about 185 calories.

This afternoon, I thought I'd try a run on the treadmill.  Well, the calf felt a bit off.  If I ran just right, it was OK, but I felt like any lapse from that form was going to tweak it.  So I switched to walking.  I walked for about 55 minutes at about 3.5 mph.  At least I burned some calories.  I'm going to try the run tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment