Saturday, November 1, 2014

Tri-level win!

Last night Terri and I won our court in our tri-level match: 6-7, 6-4, in a timed match.  The first set seemed to go on forever.  We were down 1-4, and then we got ahead 5-4.  We had so many long deuce games.  Unfortunately we lost the set tie-breaker pretty badly.  In the second set, we were pretty even until our opponents got ahead 4-2.  We managed to come back and win the set 6-4.  At that point, we only had about 8 points left to play the match tie-breaker.  The match tie-breaker timed out when we were ahead 5-4, so it didn't count.  Terri and I won because we'd won more games in the match.  So close!  We played pretty well.  Both of us are fast and cover the court really well.  Terri did a great job getting overheads and so we didn't get into long lob rallies.  It was a really good win!

Fortunately, our team won one of the other courts as well, so we won the match overall!  This is only our second match win for tri-level, so it was good for the team.

This morning I canceled tennis practice because it looked like it was going to rain.  I went to a boxing class instead.  I was moderately sore from my P90X2 workout yesterday, but even so, the class felt harder than it should have.  I have been really tired lately, so I'm sure that's part of it.  I'm not sure whether the tiredness is just from the fact that I've been so busy lately, or if I'm still not over my anemia.  I need to get another blood test for it, but I haven't had the chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment