Saturday, November 22, 2014

Harder Run

Yesterday I did a 50-min run on the treadmill.  I don't usually run two days in a row, but I need to get back on my training schedule after having time off for my calf pull.  Well, this run was hard.  I took a lot of breaks on the side rails.  I did start at 5.8 mph and increase to 6.2 mph so that I averaged 6.0 mph and did 5 mi.  My left quad was really sore after the run.  I think I must have changed my gait somehow because of my calf and the wrap I had on it.  During my next run, I won't wear the wrap.

This morning I had an indoor practice with my tennis team.  I played pretty well, although I definitely wasn't as quick off the mark as usual - wanted to not pull the calf again.  In the first round, my partner, Viqui, and I lost 2-4.  In the second round, my partner, Sharynne, and I won 7-5, 4-1.  Then in the last round, my partner, Flora, and I won 6-2, 1-1.  Not bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment