Monday, November 24, 2014

Long Run

Yesterday afternoon, I did my first long run since the Marine Corps Marathon 10K, almost a month ago.  I did 7 miles on the treadmill.  I stuck to a 5.8 mph speed the whole time, since I was pretty tired.  That meant I finished in 1:12:25.  I did the first 20 minutes with only one break, but I did take more and more breaks as the run went on.  I ran without my calf wrap, in the hopes that my gait would return to normal.  I'm not sure if it did or not, but I didn't have any specific pain.  My left quad and the outside of my left thigh are still oddly sore.

This morning I did P90X2 X2 Shoulders + Arms.  I increased my weights for some moves, so that I'm using 20-lb per hand only for the triceps moves.  I'm also using 25-lb per hand for some of the shoulder presses.   I am already sore, but I'm pleased that I am able to lift so much, even while doing the balancing.  I burned about 140 calories in the workout.

No comments:

Post a Comment