Thursday, March 17, 2016

Bad Run

Yesterday we drove down to Hilton Head, so I took the whole day off from any activity.  In fact, I think I got fewer than 2000 steps for the day, which happens maybe twice a year!  I was hoping the day off would help me rest a bit.  I got about 8.5 hours of sleep last night, too!

This morning, I did a run outside before breakfast.  It was in the 60s F, but humid.  (It's always humid here!)  I just wanted to do an easy run for an hour.  My legs felt horrible!  Everything was just sore, especially my glutes.  I guess sitting in the car for 9 hours yesterday was not good.  I ran 5.44 mi in 59:24, so my average speed was 5.5 mph.  It just wasn't fun!

I hope my legs start feeling better by Saturday, because I'm doing a 10-mi race!

This afternoon, my husband, and father-in-law, and I played 18 holes of golf on the plantation.  I actually had one of the best rounds I've had in years, but I think it was probably a bit of luck.  We avoided any rain, so it was a nice round.

No comments:

Post a Comment