Saturday, March 26, 2016

Run + Bike

This morning I did the next run on my training schedule, which was a 120-min easy run.  I was a bit worried about this run because my legs have been so tired lately, but I got over 8 hours of sleep last night, and that seems to have helped a lot.  The run was not bad.  I ran on the treadmill at 5.7 mph and so my distance came to 11.3 mi.  I was amused to note that at 1:39:45, my time from my 10-mi race last weekend, I had only gone 9.28 mi.  It is amazing how the difference in pace adds up!  I guess that's the point of making small improvements.

This afternoon, my husband and I went for a bike ride, which is something we haven't done for a long time.  I don't remember that we rode our own bikes at all in 2015 - I think we did a bit of biking in Hilton Head with those bikes.  We biked from home down the Rock Creek Trail for a bit, then over to the Georgetown Branch Trail and back home.  It took a little over an hour, and Runkeeper said that we went 10.83 mi.  My husband's GPS said 11.03 mi.  So about 11 miles.  It amused me that I ran and biked about the same distance today.  The biking did not feel as hard!

No comments:

Post a Comment