Monday, March 14, 2016

Very Busy Day!

Yesterday was very busy and completely wore me out.

Around lunch time, I did the next run on my training schedule.  This called for race pace intervals.  I ran 4 x 2 mi at 6.3 mph (9:30 min/mi), alternating with 4 x 5 min at 5.0 mph (12:00 min/mi), and then 2 x 1 mi at 6.3 mph, alternating with 2 x 3 min at 5.0 mph.  I did this on the treadmill.  It took 2:01:00, and the distance came to 12 mi.  I knew this would be a hard run, and it was, but at least I didn't get lightheaded, like in my long run last weekend.  I really hate running hard on the treadmill!

Then, around dinner time, I had a match with my 3.5 tennis team.  I wasn't sure what to expect with the difficulty of this match, but it turned out to be very competitive, had a lot of moving around the court, and took just about the full two hours.  This was tough just 4 hours after my long run!  Fortunately, I don't think my tiredness really affected how I played - I thought I played really well.  It wasn't quite enough, though, as my partner, Grace, and I lost 7-6, 2-6, 0-1.  We had a lot of deuce games and were really pretty even, but they beat us with placement and good angled shots.  Sadly, the team lost three courts, so we lost the match overall.

This week, I'm taking a break from The Master's Hammer and Chisel, because I signed up for a 10-mi race on Saturday, and I want to have some time for my legs to recover a bit.  Hammer and Chisel has really been pounding the legs!  This morning, I did a warm up, and then Insanity the Asylum vol. 2 Agility Tutorial, followed by P90X2 X2 Ab Ripper.  This burned about 150 calories.  I also did some stretching and foam rolling.  I'm on spring break, so I can spend a little extra time on that, which is nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment