Monday, March 7, 2016

Very Long Run

Yesterday I did the next run on my training schedule, which was a 2.5-hr easy run.  I knew that this was going to be a hard run just from the amount of time involved.  I tried to get a lot of sleep the night before, and I took my caffeine and BCAAs ahead of time.  It was still really hard!

I ran at 5.6 mph on the treadmill.  The first 2/3 approximately went about as expected - I took some breaks on the rails, but it was doable.  Then the last 30-min or so, I started getting lightheaded.  I was not panting or gasping for breath, and my heart rate wasn't very high, so that wasn't the problem.  I think that my blood pressure must have been pretty low, but that's speculation.  I do have a tendency toward low blood pressure, but it hasn't been an issue when running before.  At any rate, it definitely made me feel pretty weird, and I took a LOT of breaks during that part.  In the 2.5 hr, I ran 13.82 mi according to the treadmill.  Way too far and long!

My legs aren't really all that sore today, nor am I horribly tired, so obviously I didn't work that hard, considering the time and distance.  The weird lightheadedness just really bothered me.

This morning, I did the next workout on The Master's Hammer and Chisel, which was Chisel Balance.  I was also supposed to do 10-min Chisel Abs, but I forgot to set my alarm and got up 20 minutes late, so I skipped that.  I'm definitely getting better at this workout, but it's still annoying.  The last row-pistol squat move just takes forever to do that many reps - twice!  But all the darn pistol squats are definitely good for me, and I can tell my weak left leg is getting stronger.  I burned about 170 calories.

No comments:

Post a Comment