Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Surprise Tennis

Yesterday evening I had a match with my 6.5 combo team.  The funny thing is that I wasn't expecting to play, because for scheduling reasons, the other team captain and I had agreed to play the third court of the match at a different time.  However, she notified me earlier in the day that her players were available last night at the regular time, so that's what we did.

My partner, Fran, and I ended up winning 7-6, 6-2.  We started off strongly, getting ahead 4-1.  Then our opponents started making fewer errors and getting some well-placed angled shots and lobs, so they got ahead 5-4.  We tied up at 6-6 and had to play a set tie-breaker, which Fran and I won 7-5.  Phew!  After the first set, we only had 28 minutes left in the match, so we expected to time out in the second set.  However, after we got ahead a couple games, our opponents seemed to sort of check out of the match, and we won it right as time ran out.

Fortunately our team won one of the other courts as well, so we won the match!  This was a big win for us, since our opponents are in second place.  We are not doing nearly that well.

This morning, I slept in a little later because of my late tennis match.  I did the next workout in The Master's Hammer and Chisel, which was Chisel Endurance.  I think that this workout is very similar to Chisel Cardio, but with different exercises.  It definitely gets a good sweat going.  I burned about 135 calories.  I didn't do 10-Min Ab Chisel in order to save time.

No comments:

Post a Comment