Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Run Outside!

Last night I had my usual tennis doubles at TCCP.  I felt like I played quite well, so it was extra fun.  In the first round, my partner, Jill and I lost 6-4, but it was a very competitive round against two tough players, so we were very happy with that.  In the second round, my partner, Lindsay, and I lost 6-1, but the score doesn't reflect the good points we played.  In the third round, my partner, Mary Ann, and I won 6-2.  A good night!

This morning I did the next workout in The Master's Hammer and Chisel, which was Hammer Power.  I was feeling pretty tired this morning, so I didn't really try to increase any of my weights.  I think I'm "getting" this workout a little better so that it's more effective.  I burned about 170 calories.

I think The Master's Hammer and Chisel workouts have been helping me with my tennis serve and increasing my strength.  Between that and my running, I've been losing weight, which is nice.  I'm down as low as I was at the beginning of 2015, which is good.  However, with all the different types of exercises in the workouts, it's like constant "muscle confusion", which means that my legs are almost always sore, especially my glutes and hamstrings.  This has made my running hard.  Hopefully my running will pick up when I finish this workout program.

Today the weather was unseasonably warm, so I hurried when I got home from work to have enough time to do a run outside before it got dark.  I ran on the Sligo Creek Trail, which I think must be a lot more uphill when going north than I usually appreciate.  I'm always much faster coming home toward the south.  I ran 5.03 mi in 54:42, which was an average speed of 5.52 mph.  This was pretty good, considering that my legs felt really sore.  It was so nice to be outside, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment