Sunday, March 6, 2016

Last Boxing for Awhile

Yesterday morning, I did a boxing class.  It wasn't my favorite instructor, but the good (and sometimes bad) thing about this instructor is that he always keeps you moving.  It makes for a good calorie burn.

This will be my last boxing class for awhile, because I canceled my monthly membership.  It was a hard decision, since I had been a member for almost three years (since Apr. 11, 2013), and I do enjoy boxing.  However, I've had less and less time for it, with my tennis teams and my increasing emphasis on running.  It just wasn't worth the money.  Fortunately, the club does offer a punch-card class deal and a day pass, so I can go on rainy days, or when I have the chance.

Yesterday evening, I had a match with my 3.5 team.  We won three of the five courts, so it was an overall win!  My partner, Jill, and I won 6-3, 6-2.  Jill had had a bad leg cramp in our combo match on Thursday, so she wasn't sure she was going to be able to play, but no one else was available.  As it turns out, our opponents were not very good, so we won without working too too hard.  That was kind of nice!

No comments:

Post a Comment