Friday, June 5, 2015

Long Easy Run

Yesterday after work, I did the next run on my training schedule, which was a 70-min easy run.  I did this on the treadmill at 5.1 mph, so the distance totaled 5.95 mi.  It wasn't too hard, which I suppose is the point.  I hope these easy runs are really helping me!

Unfortunately my left forearm/elbow was really bothering me yesterday.  I had lifted some weights in the morning, which probably aggravated it.  Luckily, I won't be doing that again until Monday, so hopefully it will rest up a bit.

This morning I did my shortened version of P90X2 Recovery + Mobility.  I burned about 80 calories.  You know, right there is the reason that the Basis Peak can't be measuring calorie burn very accurately.  This calorie burn is about the same as I got yesterday doing P90X3 Incinerator (plus Cold Start), which involved push-ups, pull-ups, some weight lifting, etc.  And yet I didn't burn more significantly more calories?  I just think that when steps are not involved, it is not as accurate.  It's a bit frustrating.

No comments:

Post a Comment