Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Two Easy Runs

Yesterday after work, I did the next run on my training schedule, which was a 40-min easy run.  I did this on the treadmill at 5.1 mph, so the distance totaled 3.4 mi.  These runs really are becoming very easy.  Next week, I'm increasing my easy run speed to 5.2 mph.  We'll see how that goes!

This morning, I did P90X3 The Challenge, preceded by Cold Start.  This time, I did 24 push-ups and 5 pull-ups per move.  I did the push-ups OK and probably could've done a few more - that was a total of 192 push-ups in 30 minutes, which is pretty amazing to me!  I struggled with the pull-ups and didn't get quite 5 for each move.  I only burned about 90 calories, which is kind of depressing considering how sore I can tell I'm going to be.  Also, this workout really did a number on my left forearm/elbow - I'm not sure if it was the push-ups or pull-ups that did it.

After the workout, I did a 20-min easy run on the treadmill at 5.1 mph, giving a distance of 1.7 mi.  I watched some Jeopardy on TiVo while I did this - amazingly, if you fastforward through everything except the actual answer/question times, a full episode only takes about 16 minutes.  What a crock!

No comments:

Post a Comment