Sunday, June 14, 2015

Speed Intervals

Yesterday I did the first speed interval run on my training schedule.  I did this on the treadmill.  First, I did 5 min at 5.1 mph.  Then I did 12 x 1 min at 6.9 mph, alternating with 12 x 1.5 min at 5 mph.  I finished up with 4 x 30 sec at 7.5 mph, alternating with 4 x 45 sec at 5 mph.  The total time was 40 min, and the distance came to 3.81 mi.  This was a very do-able set of intervals.  The fast intervals were hard, but not horrible.  In fact, I wonder if I really should have done them faster; however, I followed the guidelines for the pace that were in the training plan.  So trust the plan, I guess.

This morning I did my usual Sunday boxing class.  It was good, and I didn't feel as tired as sometimes.  I'm still not sure if it's exacerbating my left forearm/elbow problems.

No comments:

Post a Comment