Friday, September 25, 2015

Mixed Match

Last night, my husband and I had our first 7.5 mixed combo match of the season.  We actually haven't played together in an official match in all of 2015 so far, since I moved up to 3.5 and we couldn't play together in the 7.0 league. 

The match went pretty well overall, although we didn't win.  We won the first set 6-3.  We got ahead something like 5-1 pretty quickly, but then in the last few games of the set, our opponents started lobbing to me - I could get them back, but I kept giving them to the tall man, who would put away an overhead.

In the second set, we lost 6-1; I'm not really sure what happened.  I figured out how to deal with the lobs, but we just didn't play as well.  But we turned things around in the match tie-breaker and got ahead quickly.  We were ahead in the score until we got to 9 points; at something like 9-6, we just couldn't get one more point.  We lost the match tie-breaker 11-9!  Frustrating!  But overall, I thought I played pretty well.  It's been a long time since I've played at that level.  Fortunately the opposing man did not have a really hard serve or groundstrokes, so I was able to get the ball back well.  Next time!

This morning, I did my agility workout again, but I didn't do P90X2 X2 Ab Ripper, mostly because of time.  Instead, I increased all my plank times by 50%.  In about 35 minutes, I burned about 160 calories.

No comments:

Post a Comment