Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Weeknight Practice

Yesterday evening I had a practice with my tennis team.  In the first round, I lost in singles 4-2.  In the second round, my partner, Donna, and I won 4-3.  All of the play was very competitive and a lot of fun.

This morning, I did a new tennis agility workout that I developed.  First, I did the following agility moves for 30 sec each, followed by 30 sec rest:
  • Side shuffle back and forth the length of my agility ladder
  • Fast feet through the agility ladder
  • Sprint, then backpedal the length of the agility ladder
  • Quick-step sideways in and out of the agility ladder
  • Figure-8 around two weights, facing forward
  • Sideways out-and-in through the agility ladder
  • Forward and back quick steps in the agility ladder
After about a minute, I repeated the moves again.  This was a pretty good HIIT sequence.  After that, I did 10 plyo push-ups.  Then I did a quick split-step and sprint side shuffle across the room, alternating directions.  I did that 10 times.  I think I need a random timer for the start to make it more effective.  Finally, I did P90X2 X2 Ab Ripper.  With the warm up and cool down, the whole workout took me about 45 - 50 min, and I burned 200 calories.  Not bad!

No comments:

Post a Comment