Saturday, September 5, 2015

Race Pace Intervals

This morning I had a practice with my tennis team.  In the first round, my partner, Anda, and I lost 4-1, but we did have a lot of good, long points.  In the second round, I lost 7-6, 2-0 in singles.  Not my best effort.  In the third round, my partner, Whitney, and I won 5-4.  We need to keep playing together to practice for our tournament at the end of the month!

This afternoon, I did the next run on my training schedule.  It called for 2 x 2 mi at race pace (6.7 mph), alternating with 2 x 5 min at 5 mph, and then 2 x 1 mi at race pace, alternating with 2 x 3 min at 5 mph.  Since my race pace gives about a 9-min mile, I went by time instead.  As a result, the run took me 70 min and the distance totaled 7.36 mi.  This was a tough run.  The first couple miles weren't too bad, but the race pace intervals definitely got hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment