Friday, September 18, 2015

Two Runs

Yesterday after work, I did the next run on my training schedule, which was speed intervals.  I did 14 x 2 min at 6.9 mph alternating with 14 x 1.5 min at 5.0 mph.  This added up to 49 min and 4.97 mi.  The first intervals weren't too bad, but they definitely got hard toward the end.  I forgot to do the 4 strides that were on the schedule.

After my run, I traveled to the Detroit area to attend family events around my mother-in-law's funeral.  This morning I did a run on Lakeshore Drive, which goes along Lake St. Clair.  I just did an easy run:  5.38 mi in 1:00:49, which gave an average speed of 5.31 mph.  This was not the easiest easy run - my legs were sore from the strength workout on Wednesday and the intervals last night.  However, I am happy to see that my natural "easy" pace is similar to what I've been training on the treadmill.

No comments:

Post a Comment