Thursday, June 19, 2014

Better Long Run

Yesterday afternoon I did a long run.  It was 7.0 miles in 1:10:00 at my goal pace of 6.0 mph, on the treadmill.  I've gone back to 0% incline on the treadmill, after research showing that for the speeds I run at, there is no need to compensate for treadmill vs. "real" running.  A brief explanation of that research from an article on Runner's World.

The run was so much easier than my long run of 12 miles earlier this week.  Yes, it was shorter, but I think the 7 miles felt easier than the first 7 miles of my 12-mi run.  I just wasn't as worn out before the run this time, and it made a difference.

This morning, I decided to switch my schedule around and do my shortened version of P90X2 Recovery + Mobility.  I burned 115 calories.  I did this because I think my tennis practice tonight is going to get rained out, and if so, I will be able to take a full rest day.  I have to do a run tomorrow, so Friday can't be my rest day like it usually is.

No comments:

Post a Comment