Saturday, June 28, 2014

Tough Doubles Loss

Last night I played #1 doubles with Megan on my 3.0 team.  It was our last match of the season.  If we won the overall match or lost no worse than 2-3, we would stay in second place.  Unfortunately Megan and I lost 6-4, 4-6, 0-1.  Our opponents were pretty good players, but they had their weaknesses, and we didn't play like we should have.  I played OK, but not great.

We were down in the second set 1-4, but came back to 4-4.  We should've won the set right there, but we didn't.  The match tie-breaker was especially frustrating.  We got down 1-4 and then came back to 7-4.  Then we were pretty even to 8-8.  At that point, I made a mistake.  I was on the baseline, and a deep, low ball came back to me.  Instead of backing up to be ready to hit it, somehow I just watched it bounce a couple inches inside the line.  So then we were down 8-9.  I received the serve and got it back OK.  After a bit of a rally, I hit a ball over along the alley.  It looked like it could've caught the line, and our opponents didn't call it immediately, so we thought it did.  But they called it out.  So they won the tie-breaker 10-8.  The unfunny part is that they had to idea about how tie-breakers work (I had been directing things), and so they didn't even realize for awhile that they had won.  Sigh.  I'm really, really frustrated with myself for losing that match.

To top it off, our team lost all the other courts except one, so we dropped down to third place for the season.  It doesn't matter, but it still has really bummed me out.  If we'd won our match, we'd still be in second place.  Of course, one of the other courts could've won, too - I had a good line-up for the match.  Sometimes that is also frustrating.

This morning, I had a practice with my teams.  I was not playing well; I just wasn't feeling it today.  My partner and I lost the first round.  A different partner and I were pretty even in the second round.  In the third round, my partner and I did win.

I'm also getting really frustrated with my weight.  I gained about 2.5 lbs over the week of Memorial Day on vacation.  Since then, I dropped my calories per day quite a bit - with how active I am, I would've thought I could have dropped that weight in 2 - 3 weeks.  For the first 2 weeks, I ate 1600 cal/day except for a high day on Saturday.  Last week and most of this week, I was eating 1700 cal/day except for Saturdays.  And I've had a ton of running and tennis and other activity going on.  However, here it is, about 4 weeks later, and I've maybe dropped 1.5 lbs.  Really?  This always seems to happen to me after vacations, and it drives me nuts.  I'm not sure what I'm going to do.  I'm getting tired of eating so little.

No comments:

Post a Comment