Monday, June 2, 2014

FOCUS T25 Gamma

Last night, I played doubles with Michele in our 3.0 match.  We won, 7-5, 6-2.  The first set was kind of rough, as both of our opponents had good serves and some good net shots.  After we closed out the first set, however, our opponents could not seem to get their groove back.  One of our opponents really started having problems with her serve, and Michele did a good job with her own service games.  Our team won two other courts, so we won the match overall.

This morning I started FOCUS T25 Gamma.  It is a series of resistance workouts intended to follow FOCUS T25 Alpha and Beta, which are mostly cardio-based.  All of the workouts are 25 minutes long, hence the name.  The workouts are by Shaun T, who has also done Insanity and Asylum Vol. 1 and 2.  I haven't done Alpha and Beta, but because of my other experience, I know that Gamma shouldn't be a problem in the sense of not being prepared.

I am going to be doing a modified schedule, because I'm going to be adding in the Core Speed bonus workout, Plyocide from P90X2, and some Asylum Vol. 2 workouts.  There are several reasons for these modifications.  First, I do want the resistance training, but I also need some plyo work.  Second, 25 minutes is really short, and I want to boost the calorie burn a bit.  I feel like I didn't see that much in the way of results from my last 4 weeks of Body Beast, so I'm hoping the different type of resistance training will be beneficial.

I'll be doing the workouts in this sequence:
1. Speed 3.0 plus Asylum Vol. 2 Agility Tutorial
2. Rip't Up plus abs workout
3. Core Speed plus Asylum Vol. 2 Pure Contact
4. Extreme Circuit plus abs workout
5. Plyocide from P90X2 (without the neuro-integrated stretching sequence at the end)
6. The Pyramid plus abs workout
The abs workouts will be alternating between Insanity Cardio Abs and Asylum Vol. 2 Ab Shredder.  I will be cycling through this Monday - Thursday, with Friday being my rest day.

This morning I did Speed 3.0 (177 calories burned) and Asylum Vol. 2 Agility Tutorial (fast-forwarding through the prep parts).    Speed 3.0 is definitely a fast-moving workout.  I spent a bit of time figuring out the moves, but even so, still burned a lot of calories in 25 minutes.  There are a lot of moves where you have to get down on the floor in plank and do something, then jump back up, which definitely is tiring.  I'm not sure how much I liked it, but it is over pretty quickly.  I don't like the lack of warm-up or cool-down, although I usually plan to do some foam rolling afterward.  For the two workouts together, I burned about 275 calories, which isn't bad for about 45 minutes!

No comments:

Post a Comment