Thursday, June 5, 2014

Neck Pain & Race Registration

Last night I had a tennis practice with my team.  I had had a sore neck during the day, but it wasn't too bad.  However, during practice, it just got worse and worse.  By the end of practice, I could hardly turn my head side-to-side or tilt it up and down.  It really hurt!  Not good!  I'm not sure what caused it initially.  I'm guessing I tweaked it during my T25 workout the morning before.  Sometimes when I start shoulder exercises again after some time off, my traps really bother me.  However, it's never been this bad before.

Unfortunately, the pain was still really bad this morning.  I changed my workout schedule and just did my shortened version of P90X2 Recovery + Mobility.  I burned about 80 calories.

I've been taking some painkillers, and the neck is getting a little better.  Hopefully I'll be able to play effectively in my 3.0 match tonight!

Today I registered for the two big fall races I've been wanting to do.  First, I registered for the Parks Half-Marathon, which is on Sunday, Sep. 14.  The race route travels through Montgomery County's pars, especially Rock Creek Park, and is supposed to be really pretty.  Since I've been through those parks, I'd have to agree it seems like it will be a neat experience.  Also, the route is overall downhill, so I'm hoping I will be able to make my goal to finish in less than 2 hours!

The second race I registered for is the Marine Corps Marathon 10K, which is on Sunday, Oct. 26, the same day as the Marine Corps Marathon.  The Marine Corps Marathon is supposed to be an amazing event because of all the spectators and support that go with it.  There's no way I'd be able to do the marathon, but the 10K runs on the same day and starts and finishes in parallel, so I'm hoping to be able to get some of the same experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment