Saturday, June 21, 2014

Unexpected Doubles Win

Last night, I subbed in at short notice for our 3.0 match.  Megan and I played #1 doubles.  We won, 6-3, 7-5.  I was expecting that we should win this match, but the second set was closer than I would have wanted.  I have played both of our opponents before, and they have improved their play.  It was a fun match!  Our team won four of the five courts overall.

This morning it rained, so I canceled our team tennis practice.  I went to a boxing class instead.  This class is regularly taught by a pro who is not my favorite (he subbed in for last Sunday's class that I went to), so it was just OK.  Certainly better than doing nothing!  I had a little trouble getting my arms moving - maybe they were a bit fatigued from the Gamma workout yesterday morning?

This afternoon, I did a tempo run on the treadmill.  I did 6.0 miles in 57:09, which was 6.3 mph.  This did not feel too hard - my legs fatigued faster than my cardio gave out.  I had planned to do this run yesterday, outside, but since I played in the match, I couldn't.  With the rain, I had to do it on the treadmill today.

No comments:

Post a Comment