Saturday, June 14, 2014

Loooong Run

Yesterday afternoon I came home from work early to do my planned long run.  I ran 12 miles at 6.0 mph in 2:00:00.  It was really, really hard.  I hadn't run in 10 days.  I'm not sure if that's why it was hard or not, but it felt bad.  I was at a 1% incline for the first 6.5 miles, and then I went down to 0%, which helped.  Even so, I took a lot of breaks on the rails, so I probably only actually ran 9 of the 12 miles.  But I finished it!

This morning, I had tennis practice with my team.  I played pretty well, winning each of my rounds, even though my legs were still quite fatigued from my long run the day before.   I was definitely a little slow of the mark, but my serve was doing pretty well.

This afternoon, Bill and I went for a bike ride.  We went between 23 - 24 miles on the Sligo Creek trail and the Northwest Bracn trail.  It wasn't too hard, but my legs were still tired.

No comments:

Post a Comment