Friday, June 6, 2014

Doubles Loss

Last night I played #1 doubles with Joan for our 3.0 team.  Unfortunately, we lost 6-3, 6-3.  Our opponents were really playing extremely well - we've played both of them before, and last night they were "on".  One of them is very good at precision lobs, and the other was really good at the net.  We had very long points, but Joan and I kept losing them at the end.  In the second set, Joan and I switched sides, but that didn't seem to matter.  I tried moving up and taking lobs out of the air and playing more at the net, but that only worked for a short time.  They did a really good job with angles and hitting at Joan's feet.  Frustrating!  Unfortunately, our team only won one court in the whole match - every one of their players was really playing in top form.  Lucky for them!

Fortunately, my neck was feeling better.  Still pretty sore, but I had most of my range of motion back, and it didn't really bother me for the match.

This morning I did the workout I had planned for yesterday morning:  FOCUS T25 Gamma Extreme Circuit (96 cal) and Aslyum Vol. 2 Ab Shredder.  My neck is still sore, so I was being careful at the beginning of each move to make sure it wasn't going to hurt my neck.  This workout is reasonably interesting; it does have more reps of some of the moves than Rip't Up did.  However, I'm still not sure I'm getting much out of such a short time.  We'll see, I guess.  In total, I burned about 180 calories.

No comments:

Post a Comment