Thursday, June 12, 2014

NOVA Win

Last night, I played #3 doubles with Amy in a NOVA match.  We won, 6-3, 6-3.  We started off really well, getting up 4-0.  Then all of a sudden, our opponents won 3 games - it was like they had flipped a switch and started playing better.  We pulled ourselves together to win the set.  The second set was similar, where we got ahead and then they came back.  Fortunately we did win both sets.    Our team won all of the courts for the match.

This was my last scheduled NOVA match.  We have "play-offs" this weekend, but I am not scheduled to play.  It's kind of funny to have play-offs when the league does not advance and doesn't even count toward ratings.  I won 4 of my 6 matches, which is not bad for a 3.5 league I'm totally unfamiliar with.
I have found that I really don't like the 90-minute matches - I feel too much time pressure.  Time wasn't an issue with either of my losses, but I feel like I can't enjoy the match as much.

This morning I did FOCUS T25 Gamma Rip't Up (125 cal) and Asylum Vol. 2 Ab Shredder.  I did get a decent sweat going, but again, I didn't think it was that hard.  I did move up to 10-lb weights for everything except the supermans, where I used 3-lbs weights; I'd like to switch between weights more, but there isn't time.  The downward dog/push-up sequence did get hard.  Overall, I burned about 215 calories.

No comments:

Post a Comment