Sunday, June 15, 2014

Speed Intervals

This morning I did my usual boxing class.  However, another pro taught it today.  Not my favorite version.  He tends to do all boxing rounds, then all abs, about 40 minutes and 20 minutes.  I prefer the regular instructor, who mixes some ab work and plyo work into the rounds.  I think doing the ab work all at once just makes my abs too fatigued to do the moves well.

This afternoon, I did some speed intervals.  I did 6 x 3 min at 7.2mph alternating with 6 x 90 sec at 3.5 mph.  I did 5 minutes walking warm-up and cool down.  I also put in 5 minutes of walking in the middle.  The intervals were hard.  I wasn't puffing, but my legs thought they were hard.  I definitely felt it in my upper hamstrings and glutes when I was done.  The total was 42:00 min and 3.53 miles, including the walking break in the middle.

No comments:

Post a Comment