Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Speed Intervals

Last night, I played #2 doubles with Cora in a 3.5 match.  We won 7-6, 6-2.  The first set was tough, because one of our opponents had a really good serve, and we kept accidentally giving them the ball at the net.  However, the other opponent had a really horrible serve and double-faulted many, many times, which helped.  By the time we got to the set tie-breaker, we figured out how to handle the good serve, and it was all downhill from there.  Unfortunately the team only won one other court, so we lost the match overall.

This morning I did FOCUS T25 Gamma Rip't Up (115 calories) and Insanity Cardio Abs.  I'm not sure what I think about Rip't Up.  It certainly kept moving without breaks, but we didn't do very many reps of any of the moves.  I used 12 lb weights for just about everything except the superman-type moves.  We'll see if I'm sore tomorrow, and where.  I burned about 180 calories total.

This afternoon, I did speed intervals on the treadmill.  I did 9x2 min at 7.2 mph alternating with 9x90 sec at 3.5 mph.  I did a 5-min warm-up and cool-down.  It came to 3.53 miles in 41:30.  The intervals felt hard - I haven't done any in a few weeks.  I did some walking to fill out an hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment