Monday, July 28, 2014

Hard Tempo Run

Yesterday afternoon I did a 6-mi tempo run on the treadmill.  My speed was 6.4 mph, which I had done on my last tempo run.  However, this one felt really hard.  Maybe I was still tired and dehydrated from Saturday.  I had to take a lot of breaks on the side rails.  My time was 56:16.

During the run, I watched another episode of Years of Living Dangerously, the climate change documentary that was on Showtime.  I liked this episode, because a lot of it focused on the Heartland Institute, which agitates against trying to stop climate change.  It is also anti-evolution and has other similar conservative positions.  It was interesting to see an interview with one of the big promoters of the Heartland Institute's agenda, to see how he completely twisted or ignored the facts.

This morning, I did the first workout from Stage 1 of NROLW.  I am still on 2 sets and 12 reps.  The step-ups are the exercise in this workout that I really struggle with.  They are hard!  I burned about 95 calories in the workout.

No comments:

Post a Comment