Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Second Workout for NROLW

Yesterday evening, I did cardio tennis at TCCP, which I haven't done in a long time.  The forecast was for more thunderstorms, so I figured I should do something inside.  I had done a run the day before, so I didn't want to do that.  So...cardio tennis.  My quads were still really sore from the squats the day before, but fortunately they didn't bother me too much.  The class was decent, but we started late and ended a little early, which was annoying.  It was very humid, so I sweated a ton.

This morning I did the second workout for the first stage of NROLW.    This workout took me about 28 minutes, including about 9 minutes of warm-up.
  • Deadlift:  I did use my barbell for this one.  The weight was 53 lbs (the barbell is 13 lb).  I was trying to get the correct form at the top when I finished standing up, but I'm not sure if I did or not.
  • Dumb bell shoulder press:  I used 20 lb per hand for these.  
  • Pull-ups:  The workout called for wide lat pull-downs using a cable station, which I don't have.  The substitute workout was a dumb bell pull-over, but the book said that this was not really a good substitution, since it doesn't really work all of the same muscles.  Since the lat pull-downs were supposed to be preparing for pull-ups, I just subbed pull-ups.  The downside of this is that I could only do 2.5 pull-ups per set.  Hopefully I'll be improving on these!
  • Lunges:  I used 20 lb per hand for these.  These got pretty hard toward the end of each set.
  • Swiss-ball crunch:  These were pretty easy, as I've done a lot of stability ball work.  The workout only called for 8 per set, which is what I did.  I'm not sure if I should do more...
And that's it!  I wonder if I'll be as sore after these as I was after Monday's exercises.  The lunges in particular may make me sore.  We'll see!

I burned about 95 calories in this workout, including the warm-up.  Still bugs me that it's that few, but I did only do 5 exercises.  I'm still eating 2100 cal per day when I workout twice, and so far my weight is holding pretty steady.  Not bad, considering that I probably have a lot of water weight in my sore muscles.

No comments:

Post a Comment