This morning I did the second workout for the first stage of NROLW. This workout took me about 28 minutes, including about 9 minutes of warm-up.
- Deadlift: I did use my barbell for this one. The weight was 53 lbs (the barbell is 13 lb). I was trying to get the correct form at the top when I finished standing up, but I'm not sure if I did or not.
- Dumb bell shoulder press: I used 20 lb per hand for these.
- Pull-ups: The workout called for wide lat pull-downs using a cable station, which I don't have. The substitute workout was a dumb bell pull-over, but the book said that this was not really a good substitution, since it doesn't really work all of the same muscles. Since the lat pull-downs were supposed to be preparing for pull-ups, I just subbed pull-ups. The downside of this is that I could only do 2.5 pull-ups per set. Hopefully I'll be improving on these!
- Lunges: I used 20 lb per hand for these. These got pretty hard toward the end of each set.
- Swiss-ball crunch: These were pretty easy, as I've done a lot of stability ball work. The workout only called for 8 per set, which is what I did. I'm not sure if I should do more...
I burned about 95 calories in this workout, including the warm-up. Still bugs me that it's that few, but I did only do 5 exercises. I'm still eating 2100 cal per day when I workout twice, and so far my weight is holding pretty steady. Not bad, considering that I probably have a lot of water weight in my sore muscles.