Thursday, July 31, 2014

Boxing

Yesterday afternoon I did a boxing class.  I don't usually do them during the week, because I'm busy with other activities, but I will be missing a couple Sunday classes while I'm on vacation, so I want to get my money's worth.  The class last night was taught by a pro who is so-so - he's definitely a good boxer (and was pro), but I don't think he cares all that much about teaching the class.  There's very little creativity to it.  However, he did have us do a lot of high-knee running between rounds, which was good cardio.  I got a good burn from the class.

Afterward, some ladies were discussing their calorie burns according to FitBit.  I thought they said 163 calories for the class, so I wanted to assure them it was more than that...turns out they got 363 calories, which was similar to my 400 calories according to BodyMedia.    Some other ladies heard us talking and were seriously disappointed to find out that they probably weren't burning 600 - 1000 calories per class.  A lot of people just have no idea how many calories they burn doing different activities.

This morning I did my shortened version of P90X2 Recovery + Mobility.  I burned about 90 calories.

No comments:

Post a Comment