Sunday, July 6, 2014

Rock Creek Bike Ride

Yesterday afternoon, my husband and I went on a bike ride from our house to the northern end of the Rock Creek trail.  The round-trip was almost 27 miles, which we did in about 2 hr 20 min.  We didn't go so fast that I felt horribly exhausted afterward, but there were a few hills that were killer.

Last night, I went out to try to see Ceres and Vesta in binoculars.  They are really close together in the sky right now, making them easier to find.  They are also close to Mars and Spica in the sky.  Unfortunately the Moon was also close to all of them last night, which washed out the asteroids.  I'm going to try to remember to look again tonight.

This morning I did my usual boxing class.  I dogged it a bit, because I have a 13-mi run coming up this afternoon, so I didn't want to completely wear myself out.  Fortunately my legs are not sore from the biking yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment